Tuesday, March 27, 2012

I'm Tired, Forest.

I am tired. I've been doing a lot of physical motion activity this past year. Here's what my typical week has looked like during that time:

Sunday: Yoga, soccer or spin class. Monday: Rest or body pump class. Tuesday: Run, weights, and indoor soccer. Wed: Weights. Thursday, run, and weights. Friday: rest! Saturday: Long run at crack of dawn or earlier.

And that's just my workout schedule. Not including chores, work, dancing, and chasing a three year old around.

I've also competed in several adventure races during that time - like the Hell Run (see the quick video I put together about it):


And in the past four months I've competed in one Marathon and Three Half Marathons. And that doesn't include the multiple 13 plus mile training runs that we didn't get medals for.

(me and sister running out of Cinderella's Castle at the Disney Marathon)


And now that the final big race is over with, I think I've crashed a bit. Thank goodness I'm basically injury free (IT band did not bother me one bit on Sunday!!!), but I just feel tired and sore. I have an indoor soccer game tonight, so we'll see how I feel after that. I'll probably end up going back to the gym tomorrow (we'll see). And I'm planning on going to the social run on Thursday. And I think we start speed training on Saturday AM. Saturday PM we've got the Firefly 5K, so I guess there's really not much of a break.

I am looking forward to this next phase though. I'm ready for a change and think I'm going to concentrate on interval training, yoga, and classes at the gym - spin, body pump, etc. I also think I want to make my long runs to be trail runs. I think Luke's has a monthly one, but I also want to start getting a group together to meet at Erwin Park. My wish is that we do the trail run, which is 9 miles, then have a cookout at one of the scenic pavilions. If you haven't been, it's a pretty nice park - tons of mountain bikers are always there.

In fact, I was in a movie last year and all my scenes were shot in that park. You can see the trailer here:


I also want to try out some sprint triathlons, and run the Hero Rush, and maybe get back into basketball. Just need a second wind to come.

In the meantime, I'm just going to feel it out. I also need to remember to enjoy the break. I've tried fighting it before, but then I realized that taking a break after a big race is just what your body and mind may need. Though it feels weird to be eating lunch instead of going to the gym, I know it will only last so long before I'm itchin to go at it again. Here's to the new adventure!

Peace!

No comments: