Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Late Night Kicks

It's been a rough week for the ole sleep schedule. Don't get me wrong, I have no problem falling asleep at night. And I really don't understand why so many of my friends say they have insomnia. Is it stress? Are they taking naps during the day? Do they not exercise enough? Is it diet? Either way, I've never really had a problem with it. But with this week's daylight savings time, I was off a little trying to wake up in the mornings. Add into that having to get up early for jury duty and playing a soccer game at 11:15 PM, I'm not feeling quite as refreshed and pretty.

The main thing is that late night soccer start. It's indoor, so the games only last 45 minutes, but it's an intense 3/4 hour. Like hockey - lots of sprinting and subbing. By the time the game is over, you get home, and shower, it's after 1am. And then you're all revved up from the game, so it takes a while to come down.

Anyhoodle, not a huge deal. But this soccer facility has some silly scheduling. Our team plays on Tuesday evenings, however next week our game is Saturday afternoon. Makes sense, no? No. I don't mind so much, I can pretty much always go with the flow, but the timing is poor. Because....next Weekend is the Dallas Rock n Roll Half Marathon. It's on Sunday. I was hoping to rest on Saturday to be ready for it. I wasn't necessarily planning on trying for a PR, but I wasn't planning to push it all in New Orleans the other week, but decided to go for it a little on race day anyway. It will be pretty much based on how I feel next weekend. I'll keep you posted.

Other than that, gotta do some script writing, so better get too it. Happy Humper day!

Peace.

No comments: